Incubator with a focus on agri-tech. A fully automated, high-tech agriculture research lab including hydroponics, fogponics and aeroponics have been established on a
Institutional distinctiveness for VGU, Jaipur
- Engagement with Government agencies for programs of national importance
VGU formulates its vision and mission to promote quality education inspired by the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda. Swami Vivekananda believed that youth is the foundation of a country, and they are a great asset to any nation as they are full of energy, enthusiasm, and innovative ideas. He called for channelising their energy in the right direction so that they can drive the country on the path of progress.
Based on the principles of Swami ji, VGU has been actively engaged with various government organizations as contributor to nation building. VGU is proud to be one of the very few private universities across the country who have been associated with around 15 government departments in last 5 years. The faculty members and students, supported by the university management have been actively participating in projects and programs of national importance as consultants, knowledge partners, service providers and academic collaborators.
- VGU is empanelled as a Knowledge Resource Centre with the Jal Jeevan Mission under the Jal Shakti Ministry, Govt. of India for a tenure of 3 years. Till date the university team has trained 120 persons at Nagaur and Bikaner districts of Rajasthan.
- The university is empanelled as a technical consultant to the Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) of Ministry of MSME with the view to promote Cluster developments in the country. VGU is a technical consultant to Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) and Export Promotion Council of Handicrafts (EPCH) under this scheme since 2020. Currently the university is working with 6 clusters from different craft and agriculture backgrounds across various districts of Rajasthan.
- The university has established a technology business incubator in collaboration with MSME under A Scheme for Promotion of Innovation, Rural Industries and Entrepreneurship (ASPIRE). The VGU-TBI foundation sanctioned as part of the scheme is a technology business land area of 2 acres of the university campus as part of the project initiative.
- VGU has been engaged as a trainer and consultant with the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, of India for Phase-III of Retailer training program under standard and labelling programme, for conducting trainings across 82 cities across the country. The university team successfully completed the training programs at 60 cities and trained around 3600 retailers on star labelled equipment and appliances.
- Chhattisgarh State Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) engaged VGU as an agency to conduct retailer training programs at 4 cities for the state of Chhattisgarh. As part of the project, the university team has completed trainings at the 2 prominent cities of the state namely Ranchi and Raipur and has trained around 150 electrical appliance retailers on aspects of energy efficiency.
- Extending its academic expertise towards skill development and training programs, VGU through its sponsoring body has been engaged with RSLDC, JSLPS and HMMU to conduct multiple training programs across states of Rajasthan, J&K and Jharkhand. As part of these flagship projects for skill development at various state levels, the team has been able to successfully complete 16 trainings across the 3 states.
- India’s first Atal Community Innovation Centre supported by Atal Innovation Mission, Niti Aayog, is established at VGU. The community innovation centre, ACIC-VGU foundation is set with an aim to promote and mentor grass root innovations towards their incubation journeys. The profound project has been running successfully, connecting, and working at grassroot levels to support innovation and incubation for domains of craft promotion in Jaipur and nearby areas.
- The Office of Development Commissioner (Handlooms), a unit of Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India acknowledges VGU as a Design Clinic and a Knowledge Resource Centre with an aim to promote young design aspirants and faculties to contribute and document towards development of craft and design in the region. Under this acknowledgement, students of VGU, Department of Design have been attending training programs at state and national weaver’s centres and the faculties have been imparting knowledge sharing sessions to the craft persons and weavers.
- Students and faculty of VGU, Faculty of Architecture were engaged by North Western Railways, Govt. of India to conceptualise and execute the redevelopment of Jaipur railway station concourse hall in the year 2018. The project was completed in a noted timeframe of 45 days and was well acclaimed by the local authorities and Minister of Railways, Govt. of India for the unique process of students’ involvement in development of public places.
- Faculty members at VGU have been awarded research projects related to material sciences by the research laboratories of DRDO and MNRE.
- The Departments of Civil Engineering and Event Management have been empanelled as knowledge resource partners to the prestigious Khelo India Mission of the Sports Authority of India.
- VGU is empanelled with the AICTE for conducting training programs under the PMKVY-TI program and for the Unnat Bharat Mission, aimed to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating a sustainable growth.
- The university has collaborated with Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India to conduct international conference Design Education for a Better world, workshops on Bamboo products & Intellectual property rights, energy efficiency and forensic science at various times during last 5 years.
- VGU has been granted 1 troop of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) and 3 troops and various camps under the National Service Scheme(NSS) scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
VGU, through such engagements with government organizations plans to connect the academic learning and growth of its students and staff members to the issues and problem-solving aspects for societal development. Along with the revenue generation from these projects the faculties and students are promoted to implement their theoretical learnings into the real-world situations, leading to a well informed and groomed youth, as a better citizen of the country.